Tempotest Profilen® The New Sewing Thread Profilen
Not only fabrics! Parà is the exclusive distributor of Tempotest Profilen® in ITALY, FRANCE, GERMANY, BENELUX, THE SCANDINAVIAN PENINSULA, SOUTH AFRICA, USA.Tempotest Profilen® is a twisted mono-thread in 100% PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) suitable for all applications on fabrics for outdoor furnishing, marine* and sun protection.
*not suitable for sewing sails.
The weakest part of umbrellas, canvas and awnings is always the stitch.
UV-light attacks the conventional sewing threads and reduces its tenacity over time. Tempotest Profilen® thread perfectly resists UV rays without changing its resistance characteristics over time. Tempotest Profilen® is 100% PTFE and is a thread suitable for sewing fabrics for outdoor uses that need to last a long time.
- Inert to all chemical substances
- Low coefficient of friction
- Water and dirt repellent
- Completely resistant to UV rays, weather conditions and chemicals (pollution).
- Break-resistant at low and high temperatures: from <200°C to 260°C
- Extreme flexibility even at low temperature
- Better strecthing value against breaking
- Not flammable (LOI =95)
- It can be used on standard sewing machines at the same conditions and speed of other similar threads
- No wax or silicone on the thread
- Chemical and physical properties are guaranteed for 15 years
*Not suitable for sewing sails.